Well my Good Reads Challenge for 2016 is done! And with a couple of days to spare! I actually finished week before last, but thought I’d hold off writing a post, leave it to closer to the end of the year.
At the beginning of the year I talked about my 2015 reading challenge and how that went. I also shared with you about my plans for 2016, and even gave you a mid-year update. Looking back to July, I didn’t read any of the books I ‘planned to read next’. Oops.
In my comments at the beginning of the year, I wasn’t too impressed with my 2015 reading list, and I didn’t give out many 5 stars. I was worried it was going a similar direction this year, but this year I have read some amazing books. I’ll be sharing with you my top 5 books of 2016 in the coming weeks, but you can check them all out on my 2016 Challenge if you’d like.
This year I challenged myself to 40 books, and I can say that I have finished the challenge! I’m actually half way through book number 42 at the moment, so just because the challenge is over for me, there will still be many books read. I have so many stand-alone books to read this summer, and so many sequels to begin that I will in no way be short of things to read.
I’m quite happy with the books I got through this year. There were some that were really not that great, others which were okay but I wouldn’t suggest them to friends, and then there books I couldn’t get enough of. Most of my favourite books this year were read in the last months of the year. I have so many books I want to read next year, but more on that in January!
Here are all the books I read up till book 40 (with more being read after), and any reviews I did for them down below.
Reviewed on This Splendid Shambles
Bear in mind not all books I read this year were reviewed.
- The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon ★★★★★
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare ★★★★
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey ★★★★
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen ★★★★★
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard ★★★★
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard ★★★★
- Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard ★★★
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs ★★★★★
- The Twelve (The Passage, #2) by Justin Cronin ★★★★
- The City of Mirrors (The Passage, #3) by Justin Cronin ★★★
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Harry Potter, #8) by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, Jack Thorne ★★★★★
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven ★★★★★
- The Memory Book by Lara Avery ★★★★★
- Court of Fives by Kate Elliott ★★★
- A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab, Victoria Schwab ★★★★★
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab ★★★★★
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★★
- Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver ★★★★
- The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams ★★
- The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine ★★★★
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★★
- An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir ★★★★★
Review on Blogger’s Bookshelf